Members of Spirit WP collected some fun facts about Humans and our connection with water.
- A fetus is 95% water, a newborn is 77% and a regular human is between 60-70%
- Nearly 97% of the world’s water is salty or otherwise undrinkable. Another 2% is locked in ice caps and glaciers. That leaves just 1% for all of humanity’s needs — all its agricultural, residential, manufacturing, community, and personal needs. 😮
- Water regulates the Earth’s temperature. It also regulates the temperature of the human body, carries nutrients and oxygen to cells, cushions joints, protects organs and tissues, and removes wastes.
- Water expands by 9% when it freezes. Frozen water (ice) is lighter than water, which is why ice floats in water.
- A person can live about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
- 75% of the human brain is water and 75% of a living tree is water.
- The average cost for water supplied to a home in the U.S. is about $2.00 for 1,000 gallons, which equals about 5 gallons for a penny.
- A gallon of water weighs 8.34 pounds
- Water covers 70.9% of the planet’s surface.
- About 6,800 gallons of water is required to grow a day’s food for a family of four.
Join the conversation by commenting on our Facebook or Instagram posts!